We are looking for a game designer with a passion for all genres of games, a knack for coding and storytelling, and an understanding of the industry, market and target audiences. Game designers can expect to manage teams of programmers, artists, animators and sound engineers, as well as plan schedules and work with budgets. Their responsibilities also include developing design and gaming protocols, defining game-play mechanics, coordinating with other game designers, ensuring quality, and meeting with company executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in game design, computer science or computer engineering.
- At least 1 year of experience in the gaming industry in general.
- Basic knowledge of Art/Animation/Sound/Code is an advantage.
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of the industry.
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Creating innovative games for entertainment or education purposes.
- Conceptualizing and developing characters, rules, settings and stories for new games.
- Pitching new game ideas to executives and clients.
- Managing multiple teams and projects.
- Prototyping new games.
- Following industry trends and good practices.
- Monitoring work and cash flows.
- Developing design and gaming protocols.
- Doing quality control.